Get Out of my Head

Monday, August 21, 2006

Don't Call Me...

Katie.

It's not my name. My driver's license can prove that if you don't believe me.
My name is Kate. You calling me Katie is like me calling you Alfred. I'm pretty sure your name is not Alfred, so you can see how ridiculous this is. (and if your name is Alfred... well.. then hi, my name is Kate and I'd like to be your friend)
Ya see, only certain people are allowed to call me Katie. Very few people are on this list. If you have any doubt as to whether or not you are on it, then simply assume you are not.
It's not even as if it's saving time or energy to say Katie instead of Kate. This isn't like calling someone Al, short for Alfred. You're adding a syllable here people. So minimize your work and minimize my hatred for you by just calling me by my name.
Also, if you think it would be funny to now constantly call me Katie just because you know it annoys the hell out of me... well, you'd be wrong, just like you're wrong to think it funny to poke me knowing I hate to be poked.

thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home