Get Out of my Head

Friday, August 04, 2006

penny dish abuse

Take a Penny, Share a Penny

Do not take 27 pennies.

*I think there is an unwritten ethical limit to the number of pennies a person should take from a penny dish at any one time. Ya see, a penny dish is a convenience for when you're a cent or two short or bring your change to a nicer amount. For instance, if you change is going to be 24 cents (requiring 6 coins), stealing one penny can bring that to 25 cents (merely one coin). Now back to that limit I speak of. I'd say the limit should be three pennies. I'll save you the math of it. Believe me, it's a good, sound limit.
*Unfortunately for meager penny dishes everywhere and those in need of it afterwards, people with no share-a-penny-take-a-penny morals are abusing this public pocket of change. I'd say counting over 10 cents out of the dish is simpy shameful. Shameful. In exception, of course, of the chance occation that some generous person has placed silver change in the dish.
*A few extra cents to spend or a few extra coins in your pocket aren't gonna kill ya, but you taking over your deserving amount of pennies from the dish just might kill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home