Get Out of my Head

Sunday, January 23, 2005

I want someone to tell me I'm wrong

I find myself becoming more and more cynical with each passing day. Always the skeptic, suspicious, doubtful, sarcastic, untrusting. It's beginning to show.

I don't believe in it. I think it's a lie, nonexistent, fictional, imaginary. It's a sham. It is a lie that a large number of unfortunate, unaware, naive people are living. I'm losing my faith in it more and more. Love... the grand charade. Seriously, how can it possibly be true? I've come to think that it was only invented to make people feel good. It's not real. I believe that many people believe that they are indeed in love. However, they are only in love with the idea, only in love with the feelings they think they have, only in love with the hallmark-made closeness. I believe that people can be interested in, care for, or be attracted to another. However, LOVE, in the grand sense of the word, cannot be.
Love a box of cookies, love an afternoon nap, love the warmth of the sunshine on your face, love the smile of the guy you like, but do not kid yourself. Don't waste your time trying to find true love. In the way "love" exists in reality, you can find "love" in pretty much anyone. I think about all of the people I know that claim to be in love, all in different degrees of life. I realize that though they all may work together, they all could just as well work out with any number of other people. They say you cannot choose who you love. Incorrect.
Perhaps you think I am wrong. Perhaps you yourself are living the lie. I understand. I don't hold it against you, you are not at fault. I understand it is easy to believe in when it makes you feel so spectacular, but the feelings aren't real when you realize the one you love doesn't truly feel the way you think. Sure they too may think they feel love, but because they think you are in love with them. (that doesn't really make sense, but it does in my head) By LOVE, I mean love-song, romantic movie, you are the only one, all out, cannot live without you LOVE.
Perhaps you will say that the only reason I have these beliefs is because I don't have love. I am not the owner of the imaginary drug. I don't think this is the case. This is only the reason why I am so willing to spread the word, to scream it from the rooftop, to uncover the conspiracy.
Maybe I'm wrong. I really don't see how I can be. How can a person find the one person they love. How is it so convenient? However, I will try to remain open-minded. I sometimes hope that I am wrong. I sometimes long to experience a love that's all engrossing. Then, sometimes, I think that it would make me sick, that I would never be able to pull it off. Especially when I have this sort of understanding about the whole concept now. I would feel like I was being dishonest to the one I choose, and to myself. It is all so deceitful. It is a recipe for hurt and pain when reality comes crashing down. Love. Mythical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home