Get Out of my Head

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I want to ride my bicycle

After my alarm rang early this morning, I fell back asleep only to have one of the funniest, most vivid dreams I've ever had. (Maybe it's only funny to me.)

__A friend - we'll call him Steve - and I went to Burger King, where I work at home.
__After a bit I went back up to the counter to order some french fries. On the way I witness an old couple meeting at a table. The man already had a sandwich in his hand. The woman had been in the bathroom. They sit in silence for a moment, the man nibbling on his sandwich, the woman staring at the man. Finally she says, "Well... are you going to take care of this?" in an exasperated voice. He reluctantly gets up to order a sandwich for his wife.
__I then attempt to order my fries. However, I find it a bit odd when the person taking my order asks if I "want cheese or bacon on that". The strangeness continues until I realize that they are taking a drive-thru order and weren't talking to me.
__I finally get my fries. However, for some odd reason, I am no longer sitting by Steve. I look across the restaurant at him, unsure of why he doesn't want to sit by me. (even though I'm the one that left) I sit there for a long time thinking that Steve must hate me. I finally gain the courage, gather up the remainder of my fries, and head toward his table. I get there to find a strange old man sitting by him. I use the excuse that I only came over because I had realized that Steve had my ranch sauce. The man then starts up an in depth conversation with me about ranch sauce.
__Steve had ordered some new chicken thingies. He had saved one of them for me, and it was sitting in front of me. As I'm about to taste it, my manager comes over. She then reaches for the piece of chicken and samples it herself! She is oblivious to the fact that this is odd and unacceptable behavior. She then asks Steve whether or not he liked the new chicken. When he says that he didn't particularly enjoy it, she asks what he prefers.
__Steve: "the bicycle"
__Me: "what?!" (I was unsure if this was some sort of new fangled sandwich that I was not aware of)
__Steve: "you know... (singing) I want to ride my bicycle. I want to ride my bike."

At this point I re-awoke, hoping that my laughter would not bother my roommate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home