Get Out of my Head

Monday, December 06, 2004

GeeK

'Twas another fine day in calculus. I love it when I get so tickled pink over something mathematic and my complete geekiness just oozes out of me. There have been occasions when I have gotten a little too ecstatic about my calc. It really is quite sickening actually. I don't know that it is really healthy for a gal like me to get so excited about numbers, formulas, mathematical theorems, and all that fabulous stuff. Probably not my most normal feature, but hey. Today was one of those days. A day where I would have married the things happening on the dry-erase board. I was thinking, "That is fabulous... absolutely fabulous."
Suddenly, I was pulled from my wonderment to realize that my classmates did not share my feelings. One kid was like, "Can you go over the part about the thing?" I loved that line. In a sort of evil, selfish way, I feel some sort of odd sense of pride when I understand something when the rest of the class is completely lost. I'm a jerk like that deep down. However, as fantastic as I feel in a nerd moment like this, I come back to reality and the realization that I am in fact a geek. I have accepted this a long time ago. I enjoy this and loathe myself for it at the same time sometimes.

2 Comments:

  • Hey you are not the only one who feels that way about math. When I was younger I would always understand things before everyone else and got an A+ in Geometry and Algebra. Trig wasn't as strong for me though and as my parents were getting a divorce, I did poorly. I stopped there. Maybe now that I'm older I'll get back into math who knows. You have a very interesting personality. You remind me of a friend of mine. We have this saying together "Get out of my head" If we say the same word at the same time we say in perfect unison "Get out of my head, no way, stop it, ahhhhh!!!" People think that we spend way too much time with each other, it's great!

    By Blogger Vivian Crystal, at 12/06/2004 5:07 PM  

  • Heh. That’s actually how I came up with the name “Get Out of my Head”. My brother act and I like huge morons and it’s gotten to the point where I’ll be about to say something retarded and he’ll say it before me. Then I’ll say “Uhhh, get out of my head.” It’s like we read each other’s minds. It’s Crazy sometimes, and a little Creepy.

    By Blogger that girl, at 12/09/2004 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home