Get Out of my Head

Monday, November 29, 2004

Question of the Day

Do other people view the way I act around some of my guy friends as flirting?

It has been brought to my attention recently that this may be the case. The way I am is not me trying to "get with" all the guys. If you know me at all you would understand that this is not the case at all. I have a number of male friends. If an arm is put around my shoulder and I do not push it off, this does not mean that I am interested in the owner of the arm or that the owner of the arm is interested in me. Me joking around with them, sitting next to them, and even our bodies touching in a nonromantic way is not me flirting. That is me. That is me enjoying having friends that I feel comfortable with. I am sorry if that is not how it comes off.
Perhaps this is also why I have trouble moving to the "more than friends" stage. Do other guys think this? Do they see this and think that I couldn't be interested in them because I am acting this way toward other guys? This doesn't really make sense, but when it comes to me and guys what does? I love my brothers, but I blame them. I grew up around them and their friends, so I naturally act this way towards the male gender. Maybe I should hang out with the girls more often and figure out how I'm "suppose" to act. This is also why girls annoy me sometimes. I don't understand the way some of them act and think. It seems like petty, dramatic nonsense sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home